Courtney Furlong- Welcome!
Maria Cecilla Salcedo
VALUEs: commitment, consciousness, dignity, integrity, teamwork
The reflection exercise
Time vs. Value = outcome
Fear – moving with assumption
- World issues + in justice = No solution
Going within + reflection + connecting with energy nature (mother earth)
Describing vs. Seeing = Go through the process
• Where we are going?
• What are we doing?
CAST STUDY (S)
- Establishing: Trust + confidentiality = intuitive
1. Case Study [AH]
Lincoln H.S, Yonkers, NY
- What do you think mindfulness means?
- Share with mass school – what would be the result?
• Kids building a club 1/week
All Good = Inner Peace
• Time managements
• Review date for pre-assessment
2. Case study Dover, New Jersey [MIV]
Reactive vs. Creative
Reflection research vs. Applying knowledge
Reflects vs. Reacting
- Who is control group?
- Action à integrity, dignity
- Action research àparticipatory action research
‘Knowledge from within’ [MIV]
Scientific approach – methodology
Technology –> www.mindfulnessintonaction.org