OLA meeting Notes_2013-5-9:CEF
Jon Mannion & Lilli
Maria Cecilia Salcedo
- Mariana Vergara accepted the president position at OLA
- Mariana Vergara invited us to be part of OLA
- We accepted and we are “OLA” (Organization Leadership Association)
- Mindfulness into Action will apply for the Diversity and Community Initiative (DCI) through OLA
- Dr. Lyle Yorks accepted to be our advisor and came to our meeting.
For DCI, we need training to become Research Assistants training for action research using Collaborative inquiry
- IRB training
- Nvivo training
Going through reflection exercises Object and subject separation
- 2-3rd week you are observing
- Having this tool we are not agitated we are out in this 3rd head
- Process of reflecting and seeing it.
Mayan Aztecs adding into the 5th Agreement (YouTube)
- Be impeccable with your word
- Don’t take anything personally
- Don’t make assumptions
- Always do your best
- Be skeptical, but learn to learn
- Toltec’s ancestors of the Aztecs and Mayans
Cultural paradigm [See attached picture]
- Intension is beyond integrity
- Beyond organizational learning à it’s from the heart
- The mind goes in the way that we need it (heart) to go. [MIV]
- Heartfulness [ALH]
Overwhelming love after effects of systemic therapy [MCS]
How do we pay for our higher education?
Ford Foundation offering fellowship for pre-doctoral students 2014 [SI]
- For under representative grounders – for college teaching
- Professor of education –teaching teachers
- Deadline – November
NGO (Non-governmental Organization) in Kenya [LY]
Massai of Kenya Lion defenders
Massai warriors tradition = Go kill lions
- Focus to protect the lions
- Hunt the people who are hunting the lions
FUTURE: Trip to Kenya for interview –phenomenology
Look at from different paradigm
- Scientist tracking a lion by the indigenous
You Are Here: Why We Can Find Our Way to the Moon, but Get Lost in the Mall, Colin Ellard
- Impact of the phenomenology in the western consumerism
- People are very concerned with sustainability that they are un-sensitized of the action problem
- Non-connected and be external
Looking at integration from 2 paradigms
Q: What is it?
- Transformational learning perspective
- Look at as lion protectors
- How informal mentor handle mentoring
- Social constructionist environment
Methodology: Same template [MIV]
- Ex. Ecuador
- Schools for youth
- Ex. Lincoln HS
Yonkers, NY [ALH]
- New principal
- For trip the club will ask the principal for funding
- Repeating theme to help kids go to college
Becoming comfortable in isolation:
Ask self: Why do I feel…
- Happier with others
- Less happier with isolation
The field will answer – field is inside of self
- Energy levels different by self vs. with others
- When we are born… We are by ourselves = complete
- We are taught to look outside self for happiness by societal systems morals and values.
- Look within and finding peace
- Energy Freedom Technique
- Self empowering – People being brought back into their own power
- Our body is telling us about the blockages of our energy
OLA members- community diversity initiative
- Active inquiry
- Collaborative inquiry
Grant- community diversity initiative [MIV]
- Master within
- Journey within
- Collaborative Inquiry
ADD in ‘Master within’
- EVENT: Shanti mantra concert – September 28th, 2013 in Staten Island
- Transformation leadership
Dear Teachers and club organizers,
Feeling strapped for supplies in order to manifest projects..?
Did you know Staples Soul – promotes education, youth and community development around the globe – contributing supplies to the local economies –
- Selling products and services that help business owners
- Students and others thrive and succeed
Just adding a contact form.
Trying to figure out if I can add more pages as blogs
For example the News or Events page could be a blog style
What do you think?
BE SKEPTICAL, BUT LEARN TO LISTEN
- Don’t believe yourself or anybody else.
- Use the power of doubt to question everything you hear: Is it really the truth?
- Listen to the intent behind word, and you will understand the real message.
ALWAYS DO YOUR BEST
- Your best is going to change from to moment; it will be different when you are healthy as opposed to sick.
- Under any circumstance, simply do your best, and you will avoid self-judgment, sell-abuse, and regret.
DON’T MAKE ASSUMPTIONS
- Find the courage to ask questions and to express what you really want.
- Communicate with others as clearly as you can to avoid misunderstanding, sadness, and drama.
- With just this one agreement, you can completely transform your life.
DON’T TAKE ANYTHING PERSONALLY
- Nothing others do is beasue of you.
- What others say and do is a projection of their own reality, their own dream.
- When you are immune to the opinions and actions of another, you won’t be the victim of needless suffering.
THE FIFTH AGREEMENT
BE IMPECCABLE WITH YOUR WORD
- Speak with integrity.
- Say only what you mean.
- Avoid using the word to speak against yourself or to gossip about others.
- Use the power of your word in the direction of truth and love.
THE FIFTH AGREEMENT